Clinical Assistant - Internal Medicine
|February 28, 2014 - March 13, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The clinical assistant performs under the direction of a physician, mid-level provider, RN, or LPN and within the framework of the office policies and procedures for the clinical department. |
|Duties:||ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Assist patient to complete health history.
2. Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, weight and height.
3. Record all allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work
4. Assist the physician or mid-level provider with common procedures which involve little or no modification from one situation to another and may be performed with a predictable outcome.
c. Flexible sigmoidoscopy
d. Dressing changes
e. Schedule various procedures with other
departments and clinics and co-ordinates
f. Make referrals to other physicians with
authorization from patientís insurance company.
g. Assist with Pap smears
h. Set up sterile tray
i. Assist with bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis,
paracentesis or lumbar puncture.
j. Ear lavage
5. Assist patients via lifting and turning as needed utilizing proper body mechanics
6. Assist patient to and from vehicle via wheelchair as needed.
7. Communicate effectively with patients and staff.
8. Maintains patient confidentiality.
9. Perform errands as delegated by station supervisor.
10. Restock and cleans exam rooms maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
11. Keep clinical supervisor informed of high-risk situations
12. Demonstrate appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
13. Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and office policy.
14. Maintain yearly CPR certification
15. Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East, PA
16. Presents a professional image and follows dress code as per office policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Requires educational training from a Clinical Assistant, EMT, Nursing Assistant or Paramedic program. Job experience maybe substituted in lieu of the educational requirement|
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.