Receptionist -ARL East
|October 23, 2012 - January 17, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for checking patients in and out, accepting and entering payments and answering the telephone. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.|
|Duties:||1. Greet and direct patients. |
2. Verify and enter general patient information and insurance information in NextGen.
3. Generate encounter forms from NextGen to the nursing stations.
4. Verify Medicaid Carolina Access Authorizations.
5. Responsible for individual money batch.
6. Answer reception telephone and take accurate written phone messages and deliver to appropriate individuals.
7. Confirm appointments. Check-out patients and collect payments.
8. Schedule follow-up appointments.
9. Assist patients with locating prescriptions and samples, and giving directions.
10. Keep work area neat and orderly.
11. Work as a contributing member of a team to keep departments running smoothly.
12. Participate in in-service education, staff meetings and other continuing education programs to maintain optimal technical knowledge.
13. Adhere to department and company policies.
14. Attend safety classes and compliance training as offered by Physicians East, P.A.
15. Assist with other duties or projects as needed. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||High School Diploma; MOA degree preferred. |
Computer experience; good customer service skills. Experience in medical office environment requested. Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in medical office environment preferred. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone and copier required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.