Financial Counselor - Budget
|November 05, 2013 - November 13, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Maintain and monitor budget plans.|
Review of collection accounts generated by tasking system and or calling patients in collection status. Edit and update patient information. Document conversations in account notes. Communicate effectively with patients and collection agency.
|Duties:||1. Answer incoming calls in regards to billing and insurance with exceptional customer service techniques.|
2. Extensive review of accounts generated by tasking system to ensure timely reimbursement by patient and or insurance.
3. Develop working relations with insurance/billing staff as it relates to job functions.
4. Collection of payment by phone.
5. Set up payment arrangements according to payment grid.
6. Edit and update all necessary information.
7. Submit delinquency letters.
8. Process accounts for outside collections.
9. Communicate effectively with collection agency regarding placement, payments and dismissal of accounts.
10. Maintain working knowledge of insurance carrier guidelines and billing processes in how it relates to patient collections.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Minimum of 1 – 3 years experience in insurance and billing setting, telephone communications and collections experience helpful and or appropriate college education required.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.