LPN/CMA - UCC
|December 04, 2012 - April 02, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Performs under the direction of a physician or the LPN/RN and within the framework of the office policies and procedures for the Clinical Department. |
|Duties:||ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
1. Assists the patient to complete health history form.
2. Obtains and records allergies, medications and vital signs
3. Identifies patient learning needs and assists in patient teaching.
4. Recognizes obvious signs and symptoms that indicate high-risk situations for the patient.
5. Utilizes office resources to assist in the care of patients with conditions that are unfamiliar to the LPN.
6. Establishes therapeutic environment for patient care.
7. Documents telephone conversations with a patient or family member in chart and makes physician aware of the conversation and completes per physician order.
8. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacy per verbal or written order of physician and documents in chart as per office policy.
9. Reports to supervisor or RN on patients before leaving the nursing station.
10. Safely performs nursing procedures consistent with physician’s orders and in accordance with Physicians East, P.A. policy and North Carolina Board of Nursing.
11. Assists the physician or mid-level provider with working within the framework and guidelines set forth by the North Carolina Board of Nursing:
c. Flexible sigmoidoscopy
f. Administers medicines via p.o. , intramuscular, intradermal, intravenous, or subcutaneous route as per physician or mid-level provider order. NO IV PUSH OF ANY MEDICATIONS.
g. Starts and maintains IV as per physician or mid-level provider order.
h. Dressing changes
i. Ear lavage
j. Assists with pap smears and related lab work
k. Schedules various procedures with other departments and clinics and coordinates related appointments.
l. Set up sterile trays
m. Assists with bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis, paracentesis or lumbar puncture.
n. Obtains pathology reports, scan or MRI results, lab values, etc. via telephone.
o. Schedules CT, MRI, mammography, blood transfusions or other out-patient procedures
12. Obtains skills checkoff validation as per policy of Physicians East, PA
13. Use proper body mechanics to assist patients with turning/lifting or to and from vehicle via wheelchair/stretcher.
14. Encourages sound infection control practices utilizing universal precautions and following OSHA guidelines as set forth by Physicians East, PA policy
15. Keeps clinical supervisor informed of incidents or high risk situations.
16. Assists in maintaining a clean and organized nurses station. Restocks and cleans rooms as needed.
17. Promotes cost containment measures.
18. Assist in ordering supplies.
19. Demonstrates appropriate use of equipment and assumes responsibility to ensure cleaning and repairing as necessary.
20. Presents a professional image and follows
dress codes as per office policy.
21. Maintains yearly CPR certification
22. Attends fire safety classes, OSHA classes, clinical meetings and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East, PA.
23. Maintains licensure in accordance with North Carolina Board of Nursing.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Degree or diploma from an accredited program. Licensure: Must be registered with NCBON and in good standing. Prefer at least one year of experience.|
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Position available for an individual with a degree or diploma from an accredited program. This position is not for administrative applicants, but for clinically trained personnel. Individual will be required to orient in different departments and Physicians East facilities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.