CMA/LPN - Greenville Women's Clinic
|October 07, 2013 - November 14, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs under the direction of a physician, Midlevel Provider, an R.N. or L.P.N. and within the framework of the office policies and procedures for the clinical department.|
|Duties:||1. Assist patient to complete health history.|
2. Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and body weight and height.
3. Record all allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work on flow sheets.
4. Assist the physician or P.A. with common procedures, which involve little or no modification from one situation to another and may be performed with a predictable outcome.
c. Flexible sigmoidoscopy
d. Dressing changes
e. Administer p.o. meds under direct supervision of
f. Administer subcutaneous, intramuscular or intra-
dermal injections under direct supervision of a
g. Schedule various procedures with other
departments and clinics and co-ordinates related
h. Make referrals to other physicians with
authorization from patientís insurance company
i. Assist with Pap smears
j. Set up sterile tray
k. Assist with bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis,
paracentesis or lumbar puncture
l. Ear lavage
5. Use proper body mechanics to assist patients with turning/lifting or to and from vehicle
6. Talk with patient and family members concerning medical problems via phone and documents conversation in charts as per office policy. Maintains patient confidentially.
7. Call in prescriptions to pharmacy per verbal order or written order of physician. Documents in patientís chart as per office policy.
8. Assist receptionist areas in working in unscheduled patients.
9. Communicate effectively with patients and staff.
10. Perform errands as delegated by station supervisor.
11. Restock and cleans exam rooms maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
12. Keep clinical supervisor informed of high-risk situations.
13. Demonstrate appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
14. Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and office policy.
15. Maintain Medical Assistant certification and or recertification. If not certified at the time of employment will have a year to complete certification or employment will be terminated.
16. Maintain yearly CPR certification.
17. Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings, and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants. LPN must be licensed and in good standing with the NCBON. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.