Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Part-Time
|January 15, 2014 - February 14, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||This position is Monday through Friday, 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.|
Nuclear medicine technologists use radioactive material to diagnose physiological changes and treat diseases.
|Duties:||1. Calibrate and draw up radiopharmaceutical materials for administration to patients.|
2. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly quality control and testing of instrumentation, radiopharmaceuticals, data, images and computing systems.
3. Maintain and operate equipment, such as gamma camera.
4. Acquire images, process and analyze patient data.
5. Explain nuclear medicine procedure to patient and if required have patient sign consent form.
6. Start IVís and inject radiopharmaceutical doses.
7. Assist with scheduling patients.
8. Order radiopharmaceuticals from the nuclear pharmacy.
9. Prepare and maintain records concerning radiopharmaceutical receiving, dispensing, and disposal activities.
10. Perform Nuclear Cardiology and general studies including image acquisition, processing, and monitoring patient vital signs.
11. Assist physician with exercise and chemical stress tests.
12. Set up patients for stress tests including; connecting patient to 12 lead EKG, starting IV, taking blood pressure measurements, injecting the radiopharmaceutical, helping patients on and off the treadmill/stretcher.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor
|Qualifications:||ARRT (nuclear) or NMTCB and three years of experience required. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.