Internal Medicine Secretary
|August 02, 2013 - August 09, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs secretarial duties in assigned department.|
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves constant interaction with patients and clinical staff. Work may be fast-paced and stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
|Duties:||1. Provide secretarial support including outgoing faxing, patient correspondence and maintaining incoming faxes.|
2. Process incoming and outgoing mail. Opens, sorts and prioritizes correspondence.
3. Manages doctor of the day schedule.
4. Manages on-call schedule.
5. Assist with preparation of materials for department.
6. Answer incoming calls promptly and courteously.
7. Relay necessary messages to staff via phone notes in Centricity.
8. Able to begin day at 7:45am and end day at 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
9. Work as a contributing member of a team to keep departments running smoothly.
10. Participate in in-service education, staff meetings and other continuing education programs to maintain optimal technical knowledge.
11. Adhere to department and company policies.
12. Attend safety classes and compliance training as offered by Physicians East, P.A.
13. Perform related work as required.
14. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma; Associates degree preferred. Medical office experience required. Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and computer experience.|
Work requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time; some stooping, bending and stretching may be required. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type 50-wpm, operate a calculator, telephone, copier, fax machine and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment which can be very stressful.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.