|April 10, 2013 - May 09, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Makes and schedules patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner for a busy multiple physician office.|
|Duties:||1. Books, coordinates and reschedules patients’ appointments. |
2. Relays necessary messages to staff.
3. Maintains and updates current information on physician’s schedules.
4. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information.
5. Schedules outpatient appointments and other diagnostic tests as requested.
6. Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
7. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
8. Oversees waiting area, coordinates patient movement, reports problems or irregularities.
9. Sends out new patient packets with specialty specific information.
10. Collects patient demographic information (i.e. name, contact telephone numbers, date of birth, address, insurance information, referring/primary provider, diagnosis or reason for being seen, and social security number [not required])
11. Call to confirm/remind patients of appointments and to bring current medication.
12. Attends meetings as required. Performs related work as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Previous medical office experience required; MOA degree preferred.|
Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type 60 wpm, operate a calculator, telephone, copier, dictation recorder and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment which can be very stressful. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone contact with patients and clinical staff. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.