Volunteer - Patient Relations
|February 11, 2013 - December 31, 2016|
|Description:||Physicians East is seeking dedicated individuals to volunteer for a minimum of four (4) hours twice per week. Available volunteer hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM.|
|Duties:||1. Greet patients. |
2. Distribute Physician’s East information and surveys.
3. Maintain waiting areas to ensure that they are neat and orderly.
4. Maintain magazines, newspapers and blankets and ensure accessibility to patients and visitors.
5. Meet the needs of patients and visitors by directing them to areas in our office including bathrooms, vending areas, etc.
6. Ensure wheelchairs are returned daily to the department.
7. Provide comfort and conversation to patients by:
a. Answering non-technical questions.
b. Referring technical questions to proper staff
c. Maintaining a calm atmosphere.
d. Directing or escorting patients to appropriate
|Qualifications:||1. Must be a mature, responsible person and have the ability to work with the public.|
2. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
3. Must be able to read, write, and speak clearly.
4. Must have the ability to do multiple types of duties.
5. Must be self-motivating and possess a positive attitude at all times.
High school graduate with some college level courses preferred with at least one year in a public service job. A combination of experience and education is acceptable.