RN/LPN - Internal Medicine
|April 14, 2013 - April 14, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices.|
|Duties:||1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.|
2. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
3. Observes, records, and reports patientís condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed.
4. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
5. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
6. Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
7. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
8. Maintains and reviews patients records, charts, and other pertinent information.
9. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
10. Screens and refers pharmaceutical representatives.
11. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
12. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
13. Maintains patient confidentiality.
14. Performs related work as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Graduate of an accredited program. Licensure: Must be registered with NCBON and in good standing.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.