Medical Laboratory Technician - Winterville
|July 22, 2013 - September 17, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Must work under direct supervision of the general supervisor when performing highly complex testing, if MLT does not have at least two years’ experience performing highly complex testing. Highly complex tests include:|
• Reading microbiology cultures
• Iron Binding Capacity testing
• Body fluid analysis
• Semen Analysis
• Manual differential
|Duties:||1. Prepare bone marrow aspirates and biopsies for analysis, as well as fine needle aspirates per procedure manual.|
2. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results for the following instruments/tests:
Wet Prep and KOH Prep
Manual Reticulocyte Coung
Synovial Fluid Analysis
Urine and Throat
Developing Rapid Kit Testing: HCG, Strep, Mono, Flu, H. Pylori
AVL Opti CCA
3. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples for procedures described in #2 above.
4. Adhere to quality assurance policies, corrective action policies and preventive maintenance policies for procedures described above.
5. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
6. Immediately notify technical supervisor when identifying problems that may adversely effect test performance if problem cannot be corrected.
7. Perform paperwork necessary for departmental requirements.
8. Prepare blood and urine specimens to be sent out to reference labs.
9. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
10. Attend safety classes and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East.
11. Maintain yearly CPR certification.
12. Perform continuing education yearly as required by Physicians East.
13. Maintain proficiency in using the LIS and EMR as required by Physicians East.
This job description outlines the basic day to day requirements for a MLT at Physicians East Laboratory. Additional duties not outlined here may be required as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Associate Degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician, ASCP or NCA certification, with at least four years experience in all laboratory departments.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.