Nursing Assistant II - GOB
|August 09, 2013 - September 19, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs under the direction of a physician, P.A., R.N., L.P.N. and within the framework of the office policies and procedures for the nursing department. Assist with procedures, clean speculums, pick up laundry, autoclave instruments.|
Requires the full range of body motion including handling patients. Frequently lift items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires walking and standing for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and medicinal preparation common to a clinic environment.
|Duties:||1. Assist patient in completing health history.|
2. Performs accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood
pressure, temperature, pulse, body weight and height.
3. Records allergies, medications and other demographics in
4. Assist the physician or P.A. with common procedures which
involve little or no modification from one situation to another
and may be performed with a predictable outcome.
a. flexible sigmoidoscopy
b. assists patient with preparation for treadmill
c. dressing changes
d. schedules various procedures with other departments and
clinics and coordinates related appointments
e. assists with Pap smears
f. sets up sterile trays
g. straight or Foley catheterization
h. ear lavage
j. AIC machine
k. Finger stick blood sugar
5. Assists patient via lifting and turning as needed utilizing
proper body mechanics.
6. Assists patient to and from vehicle via wheelchair as needed.
7. Communicates effectively with patients and staff.
8. Performs errands as delegated by station supervisor.
9. Restocks and cleans exam rooms maintaining a clean and
orderly work area.
10. Keeps station supervisor informed of high risk situations.
11. Demonstrates appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
12. Practices infection control, following OSHA guideline and
13. Maintain laundry as per station schedule.
14. Maintains yearly CPR certification.
15. Attends fire safety classes, nurse’s meetings, other
continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East,
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Must be in good standing with the NC Board of Nursing.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.