Clinical Assistant (Clinical Trials Endocrinology) -- Part-Time-
|September 06, 2013 - October 17, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||The clinical assistant performs under the direction of a physician, mid-level provider, RN, or LPN and within the framework of the office policies and procedures for the clinical department. This position has a main focus of administrative duties, with clinical-related duties as requested.|
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
|Duties:||1. Filing of all applicable lab reports and clinical trials information.|
2. Preparation of all applicable paperwork for patient visits.
3. Assist patient to complete health history.
4. Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, weight and height.
5. Record all allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work
6. Assist the physician or mid-level provider with common procedures which involve little or no modification from one situation to another and may be performed with a predictable outcome.
b. Schedule various procedures with other departments and
clinics and co-ordinates related appointments
c. Make referrals to other physicians with authorization from
patientís insurance company.
d. Set up sterile tray
7. Performs/assists in initial processing, in an accurate and timely manner, of patient specimens for diagnostic testing by following established protocols for specific laboratory divisions.
8. May provide specimen collection information and/or patient test results in response to inquiries from patient care areas.
9. May assist in processes incoming specimens in lab within 15 minutes of arrival with delivery to performing department within 30 minutes.
10. Orders, processes and packages (send out) specimens to all reference labs.
11. Assist patients via lifting and turning as needed utilizing proper body mechanics
12. Assist patient to and from vehicle via wheelchair as needed.
13. Communicate effectively with patients and staff.
14. Perform errands as delegated by station supervisor.
15. Restock and cleans exam rooms maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
16. Keep clinical supervisor informed of high-risk situations
17. Demonstrate appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
Key Skills and Training:
1. Presents a professional image and follows dress code as per office policy.
2. Works efficiently as a team member within the department and with other units to provide quality service through communication, cooperation, and collaboration.
3. Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and office policy.
4. Maintain CPR certification
5. Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East, PA
6. Participate in in-service education, staff meetings and other continuing education programs to maintain optimal technical knowledge.
7. Adhere to department and company policies. Maintain patient confidentiality
8. Attend safety classes and compliance training as offered by Physicians East, P.A.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||High School Diploma or equivalent. Requires educational training from a Clinical Assistant, EMT, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic program or related area. Relevant job experience may be substituted in lieu of the educational requirement.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.