Credentialing and Physician Recruitment Support Specialist
|September 24, 2013 - October 07, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for all aspects of the credentialing, re-credentialing and privileging processes for all medical providers who provide patient care at Physicians East, PA. Responsible for ensuring providers are credentialed, appointed, and privileged with health plans, hospitals and patient care facilities. Maintain up-to-date data for each provider in credentialing databases and online systems; ensure timely renewal of licenses and certifications. This position supports the growth of Physicians East, PA by assisting with the coordination of all aspects of the physician recruitment process with the Director of Human Resources and/or Provider Recruiter, consistent with Department processes. Position includes developing, managing and supporting relationships, coordinating and disseminating information about Physicians East, PA and acting as a resource for internal providers as well as provider candidates. |
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time and working in an office environment. Some lifting, bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone and computer required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves contact with staff and public. Travel to outside offices, hospital and other locations required.
1. Initial Credentialing for new physicians and extenders. Includes processing of license(s), DEA, hospital privileges, malpractice insurance, and credentialing with State and Federal agencies as well as all participating insurance companies.
2. Oversees orientation of new provider within Physicians East organization. Includes training in IS, Coding, Dictation, Benefits, HIPPA, OSHA. Order lab coats, business cards, signature stamps. Coordinate head shot photography for advertising. Design and schedule newspaper advertisement. Update PEweb (internal) and PE website (external) with new provider information.
3. Coordinates orientation of new providers with the hospital.
4. Ongoing maintenance of Credentialing for all providers in the organization. This includes (but is not limited to): renewing licenses annually, renewing DEAs every three years, biannual recredentialing for all providers with each insurance company, CAQH reattestation for each provider every six months, reappointment of hospital privileges every two years, and annual renewal of malpractice COIs.
5. Office Administrator for North Carolina Medicaid NC Tracks system
6. Annual processing of Physician State Privilege Licenses with the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue
7. Maintain all provider CVs
8. Maintain contracts, records, documents and CME information for providers.
9. Track provider Board Certifications for expiration and renewal
10. Organization maintenance of National Provider Data Bank
11. Maintain DEA 222 Forms
12. Assist Director of Human Resources with provider recruiting
13. Give office tours to prospective providers and as needed
⦁ In partnership with the Human Resources / Physician Recruitment, coordinates onsite recruitment activities for physician and credentialed practitioner associates in compliance with all policies and regulations.
⦁ Facilitates relocation activities with candidates and spouse/family to assist with integrating provider's family into the community.
⦁ Communicates community information with candidate leads.
⦁ Arranges entertainment, travel, and housing for site visits.
⦁ Coordinates expanded new physician orientation with various department leads.
⦁ Perform projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Human Resources, including presentations, public speaking and overall HR support.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||⦁ Associateís Degree in related field or equivalent training in a health-care or business related field is required; Bachelorís degree preferred. |
⦁ Medical Staff Credentialing experience, Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist or certification medical staff credentialing is preferred.
⦁ At least three years of applicable experience, with previous experience in a healthcare setting is required.
⦁ This position requires strong organizational and excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as being highly motivated and detail oriented.
⦁ Must have a strong sense of team commitment, which includes meeting deadlines, punctuality and excellent follow-through and feedback.
⦁ Strong analytical and organization skills required.
⦁ Have strong ability to lead and or work as a member of various cross-functional teams.
⦁ Well-developed written and oral skills. Understanding of customer service principles.
⦁ Must have strong software skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, etc.
⦁ Ability to identify trends and address process variances as changes occur within the organization and within the external environment.
⦁ Strong relationship building skills with the ability to form positive and collaborative relationships with all levels in the organization.
⦁ Must display a high level of integrity, initiative and confidentiality.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.