|October 18, 2013 - November 20, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Collects blood and checks quality of blood from donors; orders tests. |
|Duties:||1. Prepares equipment to efficiently collect blood products. |
2. Performs venipuncture, arterial, and capillary punctures on patients.
3. Identifies and labels specimens. Assists in care of donor prior to, during, and after donation.
4. Instructs patients on urine collection procedures.
5. Allocates urine specimens. Performs bleeding time tests and urine dipstick tests.
6. Cleans and sterilizes equipment, instruments and work area.
7. Inventories supplies and places orders.
8. Enters laboratory data into computer system.
9. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings and education programs.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality. Performs related work as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Must have completed an accredited program, possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of lab tests. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent walking, sitting, bending and standing required for extended periods of time. Lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.