Registered Nurse (Temporary/FT) - QEC
|October 04, 2013 - December 31, 2013|
|Description:||RN in Endoscopy will perform pre- procedure care, procedural care and post-procedural care for patients undergoing colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and bronchoscopy. Assist with giving sedation and monitoring of patients receiving moderate to deep sedation. Assist with obtaining specimens; clean and troubleshoot equipment, and stock rooms. Responsible for giving quality nursing care by assessing patient needs and evaluating nursing care objectives for patients/family during their stay in endoscopy center. Responsible to direct, assign, and supervise ancillary staff team members in providing the appropriate level of care in the most efficient manner. Is able to effectively manage team work concept and lead team in providing high quality total patient care. Acts as a role model and/or preceptor to new staff members. Remains flexible in response to changes.|
|Duties:||1. Performs general nursing care to patients.
2. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
3. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
4. Observes, records, and reports patientís condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed.
5. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
6. Maintains timely flow of patients.
7. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
8. Screens patients for appropriate information.
9. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
10. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls.
11. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
12. Maintains and reviews patients records, charts, and other pertinent information.
13. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials.
14. Ensures cleanliness.
15. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
16. Screens and refers pharmaceutical representatives.
17. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
18. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
19. Maintains patient confidentiality.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.|
|Qualifications:||Graduate of an accredited program. Licensure: Must be registered with NCBON and in good standing. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.