Resource Coordinator - Appointments
|August 22, 2014 - September 10, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Serves as a point person to employees engaged in a variety of clerical, office, or administrative support activities for Physicians East, P.A. Contributes to the development and implementation of methods and procedures for monitoring work activities and current status or work activities. Assists the staff and supervision in analysis and resolution of work flow issues, patient needs and other related duties. This position may assist with orientation and training of new staff. Responsible for greeting, welcoming and assisting patients, securing accurate and up to date patient information, collecting patient balances and co-payments at the time of service, ensuring prompt service at the point of check in/out, and promoting positive workplace with other departments within Physicians East.|
COMPUTER SOFTWARE UTILIZED: This may include NextGen, Centricity, Orchard, Provation and other related software.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone and copier required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. This position involves frequent contact with staff, patients, and the public.
|Duties:||1. Provide support, training and feedback for team to encourage strong performance and allow for flexibility within the department.|
2. Serve as a liaison that helps build the relationships between teams within Physicians East.
3. Assist and provide backup for staff as needed to address and resolve targeted issues including patient complaints.
4. Provide support for supervisor as requested. This includes handling requests that need immediate attention if the supervisor is unavailable.
5. Help establish and monitor processes within the department.
6. Monitor denials and identify opportunities to reduce them.
7. Support supervisors by providing feedback regarding opportunities for process improvement.
8. Must be able to adapt to change due to the periodic reassignment of target focus.
9. Local travel between Physicians East offices may be required as needed. Dependable transportation a must.
10. Work as a contributing member of a team to keep departments running smoothly.
11. Participate in in-service education, staff meetings and other continuing education programs to maintain optimal technical knowledge.
12. Adhere to department and company policies. Maintain confidentiality.
13. Attend safety classes and compliance training as offered by Physicians East, P.A.
14. Assist with other duties or projects as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• Associate’s Degree required or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a medical office environment is required. |
• Must have strong computer experience
• Must have a strong sense of team commitment, which includes meeting deadlines, punctuality and excellent follow-through and feedback.
• Must display a high level of confidentiality, integrity and initiative.
• Ability to form positive and collaborative relationships with peers and physicians at all levels within the company.
• Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to create a favorable impression for the organization to all staff, patients and the public.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.