|September 20, 2013 - September 20, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The scanning technician is responsible for the timeliness, completeness, consistency, and security of the paper medical record documents through scanning into the electronic medical record. HIM scanning personnel must demonstrate competency in document preparation, scanning, indexing, retention of scanned documents and quality control aspects of the scanning department. This position is responsible for ongoing auditing and reporting. |
|Duties:||1. Check mail room for envelopes from outside locations. |
2. Take documents with the oldest date and prepare them to be scanned.
3. Separate documents by category.
4. Scan the different categories into Magician.
5. Index the documents in a timely manner.
6. Save indexed documents to Logician.
7. Documents are quality checked and then shredded.
8. Print reports as necessary.
9. Complete daily production worksheets as required.
10. Perform other job duties as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||1. Minimum education level of high school diploma or equivalent of two years |
experience in medical office technology.
2. Associate degree in medical office technology or related curriculum highly
3. Proficiency with MS office products (Word, etc.)
4. Experience with EMR and scanning is highly preferred.
5. Must be able to adapt to and demonstrate proficiency in new and existing technologies that are integral to performing assigned tasks.
6. Ability to operate office machines (copier, fax, etc.)
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
9. Ability to make decisions.
10. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.