|April 11, 2014 - May 07, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Administer and coordinate technical activities, tests and determinations related to the operation of the Echo Lab.|
Typical working conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
|Duties:||• Prepare and position patient for echocardiography exam and explain procedure to patient. |
• Perform clinical activities relating to echocardiography examinations.
• Observe screen during scan to ensure satisfactory image for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments as required.
• Participate in QA activities including data collection, categorizing information and completing forms.
• Must be able to perform 2D M-mode echocardiograms and color flow dopplers within a 45-minute time period.
• Must have complete understanding of all the various transducer positions and the ability to recognize when and how to deviate from standard transducer position.
• Use substantial judgment in operating, interpreting, and adapting instruments and equipment to the needs of each patient.
• Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policy and procedures to solve specific operating problems and improve patient care.
• Compile and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Offer advice concerning echocardiography procedures and equipment.
• Maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Requirements: Maintain a high level of proficiency in all aspects of echocardiography by maintaining current knowledge and clinical skills. Participation in professional activities related to personal and professional development, which contributes to effectiveness of the department.|
Education: You must have AA or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school preferred or 6 months to one year related work experience and/or training or equivalent education and experience.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible experience as an Echocardiography Technologist
Certificate/License: Work requires completion of an approved program in Sonography. License, certification or registry required from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.