Radiologic Technologist - PT UCC
|January 08, 2015 - February 25, 2015|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Performs laboratory tests and documentation as needed. |
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for operation and repair of all department equipment. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Lifts patients weighing up to 300 pounds, and places them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review digital images.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
|Duties:||1. Demonstrates knowledge of practice for the radiographer and competency in diagnostic procedures.|
2. Provides documentation knowledge of practice for the radiographer and competency in diagnostic procedures.
3. Explains appropriately the rationale of radiology procedures to patients.
4. Recognizes changes in patient status and appropriately communicates to nurse and/or doctor.
5. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis by use of a technique chart to produce quality radiographs.
6. Exhibits a working knowledge of principles, practice and procedures involved in the operation of radiographic equipment.
7. Anticipates and recognizes safety hazards, legal liabilities and intervenes through appropriate channels.
8. Provides and promotes quality care in accordance with office policies and procedures.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with co-workers, patients and other employees of the department and office.
10. Recognizes individual accountability for and participates in cost containment goals of the department and office.
11. Demonstrates continuous self-improvement through utilization of knowledge gained in clinical experience in X-ray.
12. Participates in in-service education, staff meetings and other continuing education programs to maintain optimal technical knowledge. Participates in continuing education and in-services outside Physicians East, P.A. office for 24 hours of continuing education every two years.
13. Exhibits ability to problem solve, prioritize and evaluate patient care activities.
14. Provides a role model for peers and other health care personnel.
15. Adheres to department and office policies.
16. Accepts and supports learning needs of new staff.
17. Performs procedures requiring independent judgement with ingenuity and initiative.
18. Evaluates equipment breakdowns and assesses the need for service.
19. Responsible for quality of radiographs processed through digital computed radiography.
20. Responsible for charging procedures performed.
21. Responsible for tracking radiology reports.
22. Maintains files in terminal digit filing system which consists of filing and pursing of films.
23. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results for the following instruments/tests:
Beckman AcT Diff 2
Hemoccult slide developing
24. Mintains area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
25. Attends fire safety classes and other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East, P.A.
26. Maintains yearly CPR certification.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Must have AA degree in Radiologic Technology and RTR certification. High-energy person who enjoys working as part of a team. One to two years of experience is preferred. Phlebotomy experience preferred. If no phlebotomy experience, will be trained.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.