Patient Services Manager - QMS Locations
|August 04, 2014 - November 21, 2015|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Patient Services Manager leads the administrative operations relating to patient services and oversees an administrative staff consisting of medical receptionists, appointment secretaries, patient access, account representatives and other related positions. |
Responsible for department orientation, training, supervision and delegation of duties for staff. This position is responsible for ensuring effective administration systems, communication mechanisms and procedures are in place to support the work of the practice and to ensure the delivery of a high quality administrative services provided on a daily basis to patients, providers and staff.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises Resource Coordinators, Patient Services Supervisors, and related staff.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Extensive contact with insurance companies, medical facilities, patients and internal staff.
|Duties:||1. Manages efforts to train, coach, and mentor administrative staff, evaluate staff performances and take personnel actions as designated to include changes in job functions and disciplinary action. |
2. Work with Human Resources to interview, recruit and hire candidates for administrative job vacancies.
3. Monitors the assigning of work and workflow. Establishes priority for Resource Coordinators and Supervisors as needed.
4. Monitor and evaluate staff performance through frequent contact with staff to ensure staff implements decisions and work within the practice’s policies, procedures and strategic planning.
5. Manages training of employees to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments as well as providing ongoing updates and additional training for existing employees on informational and policy changes.
6. Ensure the activities of the administrative function are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocols and in compliance with Physicians East policy.
7. Establishes staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
8. Trains and rotates office staff through various office duties to ensure cross-coverage in all job areas.
9. Oversees daily deposits and ensures batch reports/encounters are accurate and timely.
10. Evaluate payroll reports to ensure maximum efficiency of the department. Maintain payroll records and accounting for all reception staff.
11. Addresses staff issues, documents and carries out necessary disciplinary actions and conducts regular performance reviews.
12. Provide staff with weekly schedules to ensure maximum utilization.
13. Appraise the various positions in the department to maximize workflow.
14. Provide backup support/coverage for all positions within the department. The manager must be available to cover early and late shifts for any area of the department.
15. Coordinate with other department managers, executive staff and physicians to resolve interdepartmental complaints and other issues.
16. Conduct regular departmental meetings.
17. Handle and manage patient and staff complaints to resolution.
18. Oversee administrative staff in all QMS locations.
19. Manage schedule changes and ensure template maintenance.
20. Manage administrative desktops to ensure processes and workload is up to date.
21. Ensure consistency throughout multiple locations.
22. Ensure appropriate office coverage at all times.
23. Seek methods to improve patient satisfaction & patient education.
24. Provide technical support for minor system problems. Act as superuser for Centricity & Nextgen. Assist with system upgrades, training, and attend meetings regarding potential system changes.
25. Provide cost analysis and workflow analysis for various projects.
26. Maintain vision for where healthcare and practice should be going.
27. Attend monthly manager meetings, physician meetings and other meetings as required.
28. Evaluate and report on each point of the patient process to ensure patient, practice and administers expectations are being met. To include: collection of co-pays at check-in, collection of patient balances at check-out, no show rates, appointment reminder confirmations, eligibility, demographic follow through, collections, account resolution and other items as identified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have strong generalist background of common procedures/processes/workflows in a physician's office and be able to support all areas in a manner that is conductive to a successful patient experience, the use of medical terminologies and knowledge of medical insurance claim process, billing and reimbursement is required. |
• Seven years or greater experience in healthcare including a minimum five years of management experience.
• Experience supervising staff of more than 20 employees and management of multiple locations is preferred.
• Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to create a favorable impression for the organization to all staff, physicians, patients and the public.
• Must work well under pressure and have the ability to interact effectively with physicians, mid-level providers, clinical and non-clinical employees as well as the general public and vendors.
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to delegate and mentor.
• Strong understanding and modeling of customer service principles.
• Must have a strong sense of team commitment, which includes meeting deadlines, punctuality and excellent follow-through and feedback.
• Must display a high level of confidentiality, integrity and initiative.
• Ability to form positive and collaborative relationships with all levels in the organization.
• Strong analytical and organization skills required.
• Ability to lead high quality in-service and training of customer service and related topics.
• Knowledge of third party and insurance procedures, regulations and billing requirements, and government reimbursement programs.
• Have strong ability to lead and or work as a member of various cross-functional teams.
• Must have strong software skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, etc. Demonstrated proficiency with software applications such as NextGen, Centricity and/or related.
• Possess the ability to identify gaps or problems in business processes and develop ideas to resolve them.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.