|August 01, 2013 - August 27, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Post charges for assigned section of specialty. Post diagnostic report for assigned section of specialty. Remain current with education regarding ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT guidelines and carrier updates. Communicate with physicians and staff regarding coding issues.|
|Duties:||1. Charge entry of tickets for assigned specialty.|
2. Post diagnostic charges for assigned specialty.
3. Research missing ticket report.
4. Maintain current working knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT guidelines and carrier specific updates.
5. Communicate with physicians, Insurance and billing staff, Patient Access, etc. regarding coding issues.
6. Research and correct denials if related to coding issue.
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Two-year degree in Health Information Technology with R.H.I.T certification or certification eligible within one year of employment OR CCS/CCS-P/CPC certification. One to three years of ICD-9 and CPT coding experience preferred.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.