Mammography Assistant - ARL
|December 02, 2013 - December 09, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Assist mammographers in the diagnostic department in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain mammography file room; pull mammogram films and file. Responsible for maintaining patients mammography reports.|
|Duties:||1. Maintain mammography file room in an organized manner.|
2. Pull Mammogram films for comparison of new films.
3. Enter Mammogram information in Omnicare Mammography Tracking System including Bi-Rad results and follow up codes, and interpreting radiologist.
4. Organize digital mammograms in set hanging protocol on Hologic viewer for Radiologist to read.
5. Acts as super user for Hologic software; Responsible for setting up and changing hanging protocols for new or current radiologists.
6. Hang analog mammogram films on Multiviewer for Radiologist to read.
7. Pull Mammogram films from Viewer and sort film into the appropriate jacket.
8. Prepare films for transport to appropriate location.
9. Operate film digitizer to convert hard copy images (film) into digital format and transmit to PACS.
10. Scan/Digitize hard copy films into the PACS system for comparative and archival purposes; Assures accurate images scanned.
11. Utilize CD burner to import images, send to PACS.
12. Process CDís and route electronic images, retrieval of films of inter departmental use, digitizing patient films into the PACS database as well as importing of images from outside CDs into the PACS database.
13. Prepare, update, track and forward film jackets to and from requesting locations.
14. Gather all information including mammogram films, Breast MRI films, import and export films as needed in preparation for weekly tumor board.
15. Print Mammogram schedule 2 days in advance daily and retrieve films as needed from outside locations.
16. Receives and sorts mammogram films from each facility.
17. Provides coverage for the Diagnostic receptionist as needed.
18. Attends meetings as required; Takes minutes at quarterly mammography meetings.
19. Performs related work as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for operation and repair of all department equipment. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment.|